The following Terms and Conditions apply to all services of Exploring Deeper, Cuddle Workshops International, Wilrieke Sophia, The Intimacy Festival, and any collaborations that Wilrieke Sophia is part of.
- The terms and conditions below apply to all coaching and mentoring services as well as workshops and other events provided by Wilrieke Sophia under the flag of Exploring Deeper, Cuddle Workshops International, or Knuffelworkshops Nederland en België (“Wilrieke”) to any individual or organization (“the client”) and constitute the contract for the service to be provided by Wilrieke for the client. The term ‘coaching’ as here used covers life coaching, personal coaching, mentoring or supervision services provided for clients, coaches or others. The term ‘event’ as used here covers workshops, retreats, festivals, and multiple-day events.
- Coaching, mentoring, or participation in events is not psychological counselling or any type of therapy, and should not be construed as such.
- In return for the fees payable by the client (or by a third party on their behalf), Wilrieke agrees to provide the service as described and in accordance with the terms and conditions set out below. The client agrees to pay fees for the service on the terms and conditions set out below (in situations where a third party pays the fees, the third party counts as an agent acting on behalf of the client).
- The date that the first coaching session takes place shall be deemed to be the start date for the service. Participation by any individual in the first coaching session or event constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Responsibility & Commitment
- Wilrieke will seek to enable the client to set and achieve goals that will help to bring about desired outcomes for the client. The client has sole responsibility for any decisions they may make following coaching with Wilrieke. Wilrieke accepts no liability for the client’s actions. Wilrieke has no liability for any loss incurred by any client, following commencement of coaching sessions, or for any perceived failure by the client, whether justified or otherwise, to achieve improvement in the quality of life or to achieve their desired outcomes or goals.
- For sessions including physical contact, Wilrieke takes responsibility for her physical hygiene. Wilrieke asks the client to do the same. Personal hygiene includes being showered, wearing clean clothes, having no contagious diseases, not using any intense perfumes, etc. Wilrieke beholds the right to refuse clients who have insufficient physical hygiene. She will provide the client with feedback in this case.
- In case sessions include partial or complete nudity, Wilrieke can request additional personal hygiene measures.
- Personal or other information supplied to Wilrieke by the client in coaching sessions or workshops will be treated as confidential. It will not be disclosed to a third party without the client’s prior permission, save where required by law.
- How we take care of your Personal Data, can be found in our Privacy Statement.
Clarity & Style
- Wilrieke will discuss with the client their preferred style of coaching. The client has the right to talk openly and candidly with their coach, and the client is encouraged to discuss any concerns they have with Wilrieke on any area of the coaching process. Wilrieke welcomes openness and honesty.
- Feedback about the service is welcomed and can be given during a coaching session, workshop or by writing to Wilrieke at her provided email address.
- Wilrieke is continually striving to ensure the standard of service they provide to their clients remains outstanding. At the end of the coaching process, or a series of coaching sessions, the client can be asked to complete a feedback form.
Individual Coaching Procedure
- The coaching schedule will be arranged between Wilrieke and the client during the intake session. Wilrieke will recommend the frequency of coaching sessions based on a professional assessment of the client’s requirements. This recommendation, or plan, is not binding and may be altered and adjusted throughout the coaching journey by mutual agreement, in accordance with the terms set out in this agreement.
- The number of coaching sessions will be agreed upon at the start of coaching between Wilrieke and the client. Where no specific number is agreed sessions will be provided on a session-by-session basis. Due to the nature of coaching, the initial term usually recommended is four sessions. Full payment for the first session is due before or at the first session. Additional sessions can be booked thereafter.
- The length of each session differs but is usually 2 hours. This will be agreed upon between Wilrieke and the client at the commencement of the session.
- Coaching will take place between the client and their coach face-to-face (venue by mutual agreement), via Skype (client calls coach), or by telephone (client calls coach). Face-to-face coaching will take place at a mutually agreed venue. Where coaching takes place at a mutually agreed venue the client will be liable for any costs incurred by Wilrieke at that time. Unless otherwise agreed, the client is responsible for telephoning Wilrieke at agreed times.
- Wilrieke may assign the client tasks or exercises to complete between coaching sessions. There is no obligation on the client to complete these tasks, but not doing so may slow the client’s progress in gaining improved quality of life or achieving desired outcomes. Where possible, clients are requested to submit any information requested by Wilrieke relating to assignments at least 24 hours before the coaching session when they are to be discussed. Wilrieke will provide feedback on completed assignments during coaching sessions.
- The client may contact Wilrieke by email between sessions to share a success or seek clarification on a coaching issue. Support between sessions is seen by Wilrieke as a necessary part of the coaching process. Wilrieke will always advise a client in advance if the nature of a client’s contact is likely to incur an additional charge, and no such charges will be imposed without the client’s agreement.
Cancellation Policy and Refunds for Individual Sessions
- If the client needs to rearrange a coaching session, they should provide at least 48 hours’ notice. No refunds will be given to clients for unused coaching sessions unless 48 hours’ notice has been given. In exceptional circumstances Wilrieke may need to rearrange a coaching session; in these circumstances, Wilrieke will use reasonable endeavours to provide a mutually satisfactory alternative appointment to the client.
- Where a client pays for a session, or sessions, in advance they must have the coaching session(s) that they have paid for within 6 months of the payment, or their fee is forfeited.
- The client may terminate their coaching journey at any time in writing. Any monies owed at the time of cancellation will become due immediately. Refunds on payments made against future sessions will be at the discretion of Wilrieke.
- In exceptional circumstances, such as illness or unavailability due to bereavement or other commitments, inappropriate behaviour by the client, an actual or potential conflict of interest, or other reasons, Wilrieke can decide to terminate the service to the client early or refuse or be unable to provide further coaching sessions to the client. In such a circumstance the client will be given reasonable notice of termination by Wilrieke where practicable and will be refunded any advance payments made for coaching sessions not yet provided.
- When a client disrespects boundaries or otherwise behaves inappropriately, Wilrieke has the right to stop the coaching session immediately without refunding the coaching fee. Wilrieke beholds the right to refuse a client or refuse certain types of sessions with a client. In case of a workshop or event, Wilrieke beholds the right to exclude the client from the workshop or event, without refunding the ticket. Inappropriate behaviour includes (but does not exclude other behaviour):
- Touching Wilrieke without prior consent.
- Sexual interaction.
- Inappropriate behaviour in workshops and events (touching others without consent, crossing boundaries of others, disrespectful language, not respecting guidance by Wilrieke and her team).
- Disrespecting other boundaries stated by Wilrieke.
- There may be occasions when Wilrieke may recommend to the client that they seek an alternative service more suited to their current needs. In this event, Wilrieke will fully discuss the reasons for the recommendation with the client. It is the client’s sole responsibility to decide whether to follow the recommendation and Wilrieke does not accept any liability for the outcome of any decisions the client chooses to make.
Cancellation Policy and Refunds for Workshops and Events
- Tickets for events are not subject to refunds by law, and therefore, refunds do not have to be offered. As a service, though, there are options to get a refund. The refund has to be requested at least one month before the event takes place. Refunds can only be requested via email/contact form (not via Social Media). This email should include the name of the person who bought the tickets, and the name and date of the event. There are administration costs involved with refunds:
- Tickets for workshops and events consisting of an evening. The ticket price will be refunded, minus €10,- admin fee per ticket, €15,- for a bring-a-friend ticket.
- Tickets for Play Parties and full-day workshops. The ticket price will be refunded, minus €15,- admin fee, €25,- for a bring-a-friend ticket.
- Tickets for workshops and events that consist of multiple days. The ticket price will be refunded, minus €25,- admin fee, €45,- for a bring-a-friend ticket.
- For events with specific refund policies, including professional training, and teachers’ training, but not excluding other training, that policy will be emailed to the participant before acquiring the product. This specific refund policy overrules the terms and agreements shared on this page.
- Refunds are not possible when a ticket buyer has to refrain from participating due to sickness, flu, covid, etc, within a month before the event.
- Instead of a refund, the ticket owner may choose to sell their ticket to another person. This is also an option within a month before the event. Wilrieke does not mediate in or support ticket reselling. When the ticket is gendered, the ticket must be sold to someone identifying with the same gender as the seller – this is to prevent the overrepresentation of a specific gender in workshops and events. The ticket seller is responsible for providing the ticket buyer with all appropriate information about the workshop or event, including the venue address when that is different from the address printed on the ticket, and any email sent before or after the event, concerning the event. The ticket seller informs Wilrieke via email who is coming instead, including the name and email address of the ticket buyer, and the name and date of the event.
- When one person on a bring-a-friend ticket cannot come to the workshop, the other person on the ticket is still allowed to come. Partial refunds for the ticket are not possible. Bringing another person on the ticket instead of the person who cancelled is possible while respecting gender criteria.
- When the workshop or event is prohibited by circumstances beyond Wilrieke’s control, e.g. government regulations, venue bankruptcy, etc.
- The workshop or event is not cancelled when Wilrieke offers a product of at least a similar value (e.g. in a different location or online). When the client decided to ask for a refund, the terms of the previous point 1 are valid.
- If Wilrieke decides to cancel the workshop or event (without an alternative offer), an email will be sent out through the ticketing system offering alternative workshops which the ticket will be valid for. If such an offer cannot be made, ticket costs will be turned into a voucher valid for 12 months after the purchase date of the ticket for another workshop by Wilrieke. The ticket buyer is responsible for reading these emails, including checking their Spam folder.
- When a workshop or event is not canceled but there are circumstances where certain measures are required because of government policies, refunds are not possible when everyone is, in principle, able to meet these measures. (Dutch law article 6:75 BW: “een tekortkoming de schuldenaar niet kan worden toegerekend, indien zij niet te wijten is aan zijn schuld, noch krachtens wet, rechtshandeling of in het verkeer geldende opvattingen voor zijn rekening komt.”
- When a workshop is cancelled by Wilrieke, e.g. because of sickness or personal circumstances, an alternative date for the workshop or event will be announced, and the tickets will be valid for that event. The terms of the previous point 1 are valid. With no alternative date, ticket costs will be refunded.
- Costs of a ticketing agency (e.g. Chipta, Eventbrite, etc) are never refunded, and neither will Wilrieke take responsibility for mistakes made by the ticketing agency. Wilrieke may be requested for support in contacting the ticketing agency where needed.
- When a ticket buyer disrespects the gender of the ticket, Wilrieke beholds the right to prohibit their entrance from the event without a refund.
- When a client disrespects boundaries or otherwise behaves inappropriately, Wilrieke has the right to withdraw access from the event immediately without refunding the ticket. Wilrieke beholds the right to refuse a client or refuse certain types of workshops with a client. Inappropriate behaviour includes (but does not exclude other behaviour):
- Touching other participants, or team members, without prior consent.
- Disrespectful language, including racism, misogyny, discrimination, ableism, etc.
- Disrespecting guidance by Wilrieke and their team.
- Disrespecting health measurements requested by Wilrieke and their team.
- Wilrieke beholds the right to refuse access to future events when a client behaves inappropriately according to the abovementioned point.
Last update: September 8, 2022